Ekhaya Properties Sectional Title Management (EPSTM) offers the following services:
1. Dedicated Sectional Title Portfolio Manager
- A dedicated and specialised sectional title portfolio manager will be assigned to manage your body corporate as your single point of contact with EPSTM;
- Our portfolio managers are currently enrolled for training in sectional title management and will have completed a UCT Sectional Title and Property Management Course in anticipation of the implementation of the new Sectional Title Act and Regulations in eSwatini.
- Appointment and management of all service providers to the Body Corporate and property.
2. Billing and Collections:
- Physical distribution of monthly levy statements to owners or via email and internet options where available;
- Collection of monthly levies by debit order, electronic banking, direct deposit and branch deposit are all available;
- Credit control of all outstanding levies;
- Billing of interest on arrears;
- Attorney collections liaison;
- Management of meter reading services for specific service/utility billing and recoveries included with the monthly levy statements and collections;
- Issue of levy clearance certificates
- Payment of approved creditors and municipal accounts;
- All disbursements approved and signed off in accordance with Trustee instructions and the relevant legislation;
- Maintenance of voucher files;
- Immediate SMS notification to all specified trustees on every payment made to creditors;
- E-mail requests to all the trustees to obtain a minimum of two trustees’ approval to pay creditors;
- Net cash verification reports obtained prior to paying all creditors to ensure that the creditors invoice and banking details are correct.
4. Insurance Services:
- Broker services for sectional title schemes to ensure appropriate insurance cover at competitive rates;
- Administration and disbursement of claims;
- Annual claims history reporting;
- Levy factoring to enhance Body Corporate cash flow in certain circumstances.
5. Meeting Attendance and Secretarial Service:
- Attendance at four (4) trustees meetings per year as well as the Annual General Meeting.
- Preparation and distribution of notices of trustees meetings, agendas and minutes.
- Organisation and minute taking at the Annual General Meeting and trustees meetings.
6. Advisory Service:
- Immediate advisory service regarding provisions of the Sectional Title Act and other relevant legislation
7. Personnel records:
- Direct (electronic) payment of salaries and wages to staff
- Calculation and payment of statutory deductions
- Issuing of payslips to bodies’ corporate staff members
- Keeping records of bodies corporate leave
- Prompting trustees for bodies corporate staff annual bonuses
- Maintenance of staff records
- Advisory services for labour legislation issues and disputes
8. Statutory Records:
- Maintenance of statutory records of the body corporate including:
- Books of account
- Conduct rules and regulations thereto
- Registered sectional title plans
- Register of bondholders and owners
- Minute books
- Voucher files and accounting records
- Employee and payroll records
9. Maintenance administration:
- Maintenance administration to arrange quotes, booking contractors and facilitating invoice approval by a dedicated maintenance administrator
- We have a panel of approved contractors as maintenance partners: their workmanship, regulatory body registration, insurance and labour legislation compliance and cost effectiveness has been positively tested from extensive prior experience.
10. Take-on Assessment ‘Health Check’:
- On taking on a property, a take-on agent will be assigned to ensure a smooth transition.
- The person concerned will perform a ‘health check’ of the property to confirm that all the appropriate hand-over information is available and loaded, and that your property and management thereof is fully compliant with all the relevant regulations and legislation.
- After a smooth take-on has been achieved, the management of the property is handed over to a sectional title portfolio manager to continue with the ongoing management of the property.
- The Health Check includes:
- Deeds search to confirm that correct owners and their details are loaded for levy billing and communication purposes
- Validation of sectional tile plans and levy schedule
- Budget review, identification of risks and formulation of recommendations
- Performance to budget review (PTB), assessment of reserves and evaluation of variances
- Review of maintenance plans
- Review of insurance cover
- Review of firefighting equipment and other relevant risk procedures
- Confirmation of conduct rules lodged with the deeds office
- Review of owner accounts, arrear levies and credit control effectiveness
- Review of compliance to relevant legislation
- Preparation of a report and action log to address identified gaps
- Preparation of a property management control schedule demonstrating required monthly operational activities to be managed and confirmed.